It is so easy to lose your momentum after missing out a couple of days at the gym – I should know, I have been on hiatus for almost two weeks. Since the start of the year, I have been religiously going to my workout sessions, be it yoga or HIIT, day in and out, sometimes up to twice a day – until the long nights in the office started and I have been on a roll (literally) ever since.
It has been difficult to get out of bed when my workout alarm rings at 6am in the morning. Even more difficult when it is still dark as the sun only rises here in Singapore no earlier than 7am. Here are some quick tips below to get back to the grind which is really more of a reminder to myself but hopefully will help you as well.
- Hang your workout outfit somewhere where you can see it when you are lying in bed. It is important that the outfit inspires you to workout. Lululemons are most effective.
- Put your phone or alarm far away from your bed so you’d have to get up to make it stop.
- Pack all your workout stuff a night before so you are ready to go when you wake up in the morning.
- Save your workout time in your calendar and take it seriously like how you would for a meeting with your boss.
- Look forward to that (health) breakfast and plan where you would get your coffee after your workout.
- Take a quick shower after getting out of bed for that extra punch to really wake you up!