It is an understatement to say that Guavapass has saved my life. It has saved me from boredom with my former gym, needless to say that my previous gym was already pretty awesome (Virgin Active). Gone are the routinary sessions trying to figure out the machines and attending boring classes – the usual Les Mills series and commercialised yoga. I have been on it for almost nine months now and have attended over a hundred classes within this period.
It was addictive. Apart from trying to maximize the number of classes I go to – I was so excited to try each and every one of the pretty studios with awesome classes. Most of all, it has been great participating at the outdoor bootcamps and sweating it out with random strangers.
They have recently opened up their own space at Mandarin Gallery – I haven’t been but it looks pretty awesome. The more classes you attend, all the more the subscription price becomes worth it.
Below are my top recommendations:
- Momentum Bootcamps – their outdoor bootcamps are kick-ass and literally to die for
- Ziva Yoga – the space is just surreal, it is in Tiong Bahru and has a ‘nature’ vibe to it
- WeBarre – fun sessions for toning
- AlphaBalance – they hold their session at Tanderra and Canvass. The one at Tanderra is pretty awesome. Go for their meditation and yoga classes. Just bliss.
- Eat, Train, Love – another bootcamp session, a little more ‘humane’ than Momentum Bootcamp
- Como Shambhala – nice space. My faves : their 90-min yin yoga
- Outta Hatha Yoga – I love their outdoor yoga classes at The Customs House
- Level Yoga – their yin and massage session is love!
- Spartan Boxing Club – their boxing sessions are tough but it feels so good afterwards. It’s a total stress buster.
- 7Cycle – their bootcamp is pretty rad
- Anthem – great space and fun spinning class
- Aquaspin – fun! spinning in the pool!
- Bounce – tried this on my own and is a great stress-reliever.
- Bych Yoga Hub – their space and showers are awesome. The only thing I hate is their carpetted flooring which does not give any traction at all for my feet
- Surfset – we only get 1 credit for this studio, but surfing on land – a totally great workout!
Check them out here: Guavapass
Photo Credits: Guavapass